Black Farmworkers in the United States: A Retrospect on Past and Current Events
In honor of Black History Month, Farmworker Justice hosted an online event, featuring a conversation moderated by Natalie Camacho Mendoza, interim CEO of Farmworker Justice. The event showed a film called “Pesticide Lake” and a clip from “Food Chains” directed by Sanjay Rawal. The discussion included the devastating effects of toxic pesticides on the farmworking community in Lake Apopka, Florida, and how they continue to affect Black farmworkers to this day.
Watch the event below to learn more.
Immigration & Labor
- Bracero Program (1942-1964)
- Current Guestworker Programs
- Immigration Enforcement and DACA
- International Labor Issues
- Labor Rights for Farmworkers
- Legislative Proposals on Agricultural Workers
- Farmworker Health Issues
- Healthcare Access
- Occupational and Environmental Health