FARMWORKER JUSTICE LEGAL FELLOWSHIP
Farmworker Justice (FJ), a non-profit advocacy, litigation and education organization based in Washington, D.C. and serving farmworkers across the country, seeks a highly qualified, motivated individual for the Farmworker Justice Legal Fellowship. The individual will support FJ’s work on immigration, labor rights, and health policy.
The Legal Fellowship will provide an exciting opportunity to assist farmworkers and their organizations with technical and program support and to assist FJ professional staff on litigation, policy advocacy, and health promotion. The fellow will:
- Provide legal research, analysis and logistical support for FJ’s immigration, labor rights, health care, and occupational health and safety advocacy and project activities
- Monitor developments on immigration, labor, and health issues (including COVID-19) affecting migrant and seasonal farmworkers
- Help to develop educational materials for farmworkers, advocates, and service providers
- Support general organizational activities, including writing articles for newsletters and website content, assisting the Board of Directors, attending and coordinating legislative and coalition meetings, and organizing resource materials
- Law degree (J.D.)
- Excellent research and writing skills, including ability to synthesize information from different sources and present information in a variety of written formats and styles
- Strong commitment to the mission of Farmworker Justice and to improving the living and working conditions of migrant and seasonal farmworkers
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently on multiple projects
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or Haitian Creole preferred
- Prior experience with immigration, labor, environmental and/or health policy preferred
The Legal Fellowship is a paid, full-time position for one year, starting in June 2021. This position is based in Washington, D.C. Due to COVID-19 precautions, the position will be remote until it is deemed safe to return to the office.
Application Deadline: Position open until filled. Interested applicants please email cover letter, brief writing sample and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Fellowship Application”
Farmworker Justice is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Information about our organization is available at www.farmworkerjustice.org.