Juntos Nos Movemos: Parents and Children Making the Time to Move Together
Juntos Nos Movemos is an adaptation of the principles of Head Start’s “I Am Moving, I Am Learning” curriculum for agricultural worker families. Its purpose is to help reduce and prevent childhood obesity by helping agricultural worker parents make the most of their limited free time with their children by engaging in a variety of fun and culturally-appropriate physical activities. The Juntos Nos Movemos curriculum and accompanying materials (trainer’s guide, flipchart, and My Week worksheet) provides promotores de salud, community health workers/outreach staff at migrant health centers, and family service workers at Migrant and Seasonal Head Start centers tools to promote physical activity among agricultural worker families.
The Juntos Nos Movemos materials, which are designed to be used together, consist of:
Juntos staff curriculum (English): Training curriculum for outreach workers, family service workers, and other applicable staff.
Juntos flipchart (English and Spanish): The flipchart is designed for promotores, outreach staff, and family service workers to present Juntos Nos Movemos activities to agricultural worker families.
Juntos flipchart trainer’s guide (English and Spanish): A guide to help trainers use the flipchart to present information to agricultural worker parents.
Juntos “My Week” worksheet for workers (English and Spanish): This worksheet is for parents to use at home to track their families’ level of daily physical activity.
- Organizational Information
- Occupational and Environmental Health
- Legislative Proposals on Agricultural Workers - 113th Congress (2013-2014)
- Legislative Proposals on Agricultural Workers - 114th Congress (2015-2016)
- Legislative Proposals on Agricultural Workers - 115th Congress (2017-2018)
- Legislative Proposals on Agricultural Workers - 116th Congress (2019-2020)
- Legislative Proposals on Agricultural Workers - 117th Congress (2021-2022)
- Legislative Proposals on Agricultural Workers - 118th Congress (2023-2024)
- International Labor Issues
- Labor Rights for Farmworkers - DOL Enforcement
- Labor Rights for Farmworkers - Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Labor Rights for Farmworkers - Joint Employer Standard
- Labor Rights for Farmworkers - Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (AWPA)
- National Agricultural Workers Survey
- Community Health Centers
- Diabetes, Nutrition, and Food Security
- Health Insurance
- Health Policy Bulletin
- Medical-Legal Partnerships
- Sexual Harrassment/Violence
- Skin Cancer
- Workers' Compensation