How Can We Protect Ourselves and Our Families from the Dangers in the Fields?
After receiving training using the curriculum, Pesticide Hazards, Field Sanitation, and Heat Stress for Farmworkers: A Training Curriculum for Lay Health Educators, promotores de salud can use this flip chart as a guide for their presentations to farmworkers. Promotores can also practice using the flip chart during the training session. Available in Spanish.
Special instructions for use of flipchart:
-Print the pages on both sides of the paper
-This flip chart is designed to be held on the presenter's forearm. Make sure that the odd numbered pages are facing the audience which will allow the speaker to read the text prompts that are on the opposite pages. For example, while displaying page 3 to the workers, text prompts are displayed on page 2, which faces the speaker.
Immigration & Labor
- Bracero Program (1942-1964)
- Current Guestworker Programs
- Immigration Enforcement and DACA
- International Labor Issues
- Labor Rights for Farmworkers
- Legislative Proposals on Agricultural Workers
- Farmworker Health Issues
- Healthcare Access
- Occupational and Environmental Health