Kansas - Workers’ Rights

Definition of agricultural worker under state law:



Wages and Overtime

Minimum Wage


State Enforcement Agency

Kansas Department of Labor, Office of Employment Standards

Website: https://www.dol.ks.gov/laws/wage-claims/filing-a-wage-claim—employees 
Relevant Forms: https://www.dol.ks.gov/docs/default-source/workplace-laws-documents/k-eslr-105.pdf?sfvrsn=c75fb71f_6 

Occupational Safety and Health

Workers’ Compensation

State Enforcement Agency:
Kansas Department of Labor

Website: https://www.dol.ks.gov/WC/home

Field Sanitation

Federal Enforcement Agency:
US DOL, Kansas OSHA Office

Website: https://www.osha.gov/contactus/bystate/KS/areaoffice

Pesticide Safety

State Enforcement Agency:
Kansas Department of Agriculture, Pesticide and Fertilizer Program

Website: https://agriculture.ks.gov/divisions-programs/pesticide-fertilizer 
Relevant Forms: https://fs22.formsite.com/KansasDeptAg/j1cxjlrcb1/index.html

Right to Join Unions and Collective Bargaining in Agriculture

State Enforcement Agency: 

Agricultural Labor Relations Board (*There is a general complaint filing service, however, there is not a formal agriculture labor board.  Once a complaint is filed with the Secretary of Agriculture, the Agriculture Labor Relations Board is then activated to address the issue.)

Website for Kansas Dept. of Labor Relations: https://www.dol.ks.gov/lr/lr-home 

Form for ag complaint: https://agriculture.ks.gov/kda-services/complaint-form 

State Legal Services Organizations

Kansas Legal Services